Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It might seem crazy what I'm about to say...

But I'm pretty happy that the FL is no longer going to stay. If I look giddy for the next couple of days it's because I am elated...no strike that I am ecstatic! 

There are numerous reasons that make me happy...
No more pressure.
No more cheesy writing.
No more essays to grade.
No more ridiculous prompts.
No more tracking down students asking where their essay is.
No more wanting to cry because they don't capitalize the beginning of their sentence.

I'm sure that down the road the happiness will fade...let's face it I teach ESE the land where happiness goes to die.* The chances of bad news coming down the road talking this and that is a possibility. If I hear that so-and-so's essays score was less than pleasing. There is not much I can do about it. The fact of the matter is that my students and myself have been working our tail off since August. So if anyone has something to say that is less than motivating, they should be warned that we will be just fine...it's best that they don't waste our time. Because in the end we are happy that we worked hard and did the best we possibly could. I hope people do not take any offense to this. No one can bring us down because today we will be happier than a room without a roof. We know the true definition of happiness lies beyond a test score.


I dare you to watch this video and not be happy!


Reality Check
I teach Language Arts so there will always be essays to grade.
:)

* for those that cannot pick up on sarcasm 
I'm not being negative...I'm being sarcastic
There is a difference

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!