Thursday, June 20, 2013

All those genres

I remember learning the word genre in high school and immediately feel in love.
Genre /n/ a kind, category or sort.
I know it sounds odd to like a word so much, but I do. Partly because I like things neat and orderly and this little word puts everything into place!
One set of my 8th graders did an end of the year project on literary genres. They covered five genres and multiple sub genres.
For each literary genre they created a match book with the definition and examples inside. They also created a web and flip notes that contained detailed notes for each genre.
To make this little lesson last longer they also created a movie poster featuring one of the literary genres they learned about.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!