Friday, October 26, 2012

An unexpected gift

Today I was given a gift from a student. All three grades that I teach work out of interactive notebooks. Last year I gave students the opportunity to leave their notebook at school or to take them home. 

One such 6th grader took his notebook home at the end of last year. I was secretly hoping that he would leave it at school because he did an amazing job with it. Well, today at the beginning of class he came up and presented me his notebook he kept over the summer. He thought I needed it as a reminder of all the lessons and activities we did last year. We flipped through the notebook and laughed at the poems he wrote last year. One poem was about me calling his mom because he was not behaving in class. Its safe to say that this student has come along way and is a joy to have in the classroom!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your sweet comments are appreciated greatly!